We have a wide variety of College facilities for hire to the local community in the evenings/weekends and school holidays.
The College contains Lark Hill House, which was built in 1797 as a private house for Samuel Horrocks, a cotton manufacturer and later Mayor and Member of Parliament for Preston. In 1919 it became Lark Hill Convent Grammar school, which began taking sixth form students in 1967 from other local Catholic Secondary Schools.
It finally became Cardinal Newman College in 1978, when it merged with Winckley Square Convent School and Preston Catholic College, taking its name from Cardinal John Henry Newman.
Over the years, the College has expanded, with approximately £16 million worth of investment in state-of-the-art facilities, which perfectly combine the old with the new.
In 2009 we saw the addition of the St Cecilia Building and St Augustine’s Building in 2010, which was renovated and refurbished to house classrooms, drama/dance studios, as well as the original sports facilities.
2015 saw the addition of yet another new building in the form of St Francis, which opened in September, which is home to new classrooms as well as Open Learning Centres, Seminar rooms complete with Quiet Study space and Student Advice Hub.
Facilities available to hire include:
To discuss hiring our facilities and any specific requirements you may have, please contact: