Veterinary Science – Medical Society
Veterinary Science Key Points:
Veterinary Science – Medical Society key points and useful information;
- 8 veterinary schools to choose from.
- A-Level sciences essential – check details with individual vet schools. Typically, grades AAA are required at A level.
- Good health essential (declare anything serious).
- Might need to take an aptitude test.
- Relevant work experience (with animals) is essential – see requirements of individual universities.
- Training normally takes 5 years to complete.
- First 2 year are preclinical – theory etc.
- The 3 years of clinical (medical tasks).
- Possible Intercalated degree (you get an extra science degree by doing extra year).