The Angela Hunt Legacy Award
About the Award:
The college are extremely proud and delighted to offer this award, in Angela’s name, to successful applicants who show outstanding promise and dedication in their field.
The award is subject to a formal application process and the presentation of a digital portfolio.
- 1 x £5000 Fine Art Award
- 1 x £5000 Textiles Award
- Applicants must be specialists in the field of Fine Art or Textiles.
- Applications are limited to those who are in Year 2/3 of a degree in Fine Art or Textiles or those in the process of establishing their professional practice / business, in the field of Fine Art or Textiles. For undergraduates, the award may go towards HE fees; purchasing specialist materials or equipment; to outsource manufacturing; to support professional; to support exhibition or promotion of art work; to cover specialist training costs or to fund travel (such as placements). In the context of professional practice / business start-up, the award could support the purchase of essential equipment; contribute to studio fees; enable manufacturing; contribute to trade costs / marketing costs; fund specialist training etc.
- Fine Art or Textiles applicants may also apply under the category “Student Support”. This would indicate a period of financial difficulty as a result of adverse personal change. Such change may have the potential to jeopardise the education of an exceptional individual and risk them discontinuing their creative studies. (The loss of a parent/guardian, for example). In this case, the award could be used in the form of a maintenance allowance; providing the applicant with the financial security to complete their education / begin their professional practice.
How to Apply:
You will be required to complete an application form and return to the email address provided. The application form is available to download, by clicking here >
Date tbc – Application window opens
Date tbc – Application window closes.
Your application will be used to determine whether you are the right candidate for the award. As part of your application, you will be required to explain the following:
- The way the award will be used and the positive impact the award will have in the short and long-term;
- Which category you are applying under and how you meet the criteria;
- Digital portfolio of your art work and supporting information about your plans for your future practice
You will answer the above by responding to a few short, essay-style questions about your future plans; your current circumstances; your educational / training journey so far; how you would benefit from receiving the award.
You will be encouraged to read up on the award and to consider the eligibility category you apply under. This way you can tailor your answers to what a panel might be looking for.
You will be expected to provide a reference from a relevant individual, such as a current or former art teacher or employer.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application as soon as possible and you may be able to apply in future years, if you are unsuccessful.
If you are successful, the terms of the Legacy Award will include a period of continued contact between the recipient of the award and the college. This will include, but not be exclusively related to: the college following the professional practice journey of the successful individual through regular updates/contact, to review the positive impact of the award and to include marketing & promotional opportunities.
CONNECT WITH US:
TELEPHONE: 01772 460181
Cardinal Newman College,
Lark Hill Road, Preston, Lancashire. PR1 4HD