Students to return to the college campus - Y12 11th March / Y13 12th March
T-Levels are new, two-year, technical study programmes, designed with employers, to give young people the skills that are needed within industry. T-Levels will provide a mixture of:
• technical knowledge and skills specific to their chosen industry or occupation
• an industry placement of at least 45 days in their chosen industry or occupation
• relevant maths, English and digital skills.
The Health T-Level, is designed to provide students with the knowledge and understanding of contexts, concepts, theories and principles relevant to the health sector. This will ensure students are able to apply their skills in a variety of contexts and for a variety of different purposes to support and develop professional competencies.
What Will You Study?
• Working within the Health Sector
• Core Science concepts
• Good Scientific and Clinical Practice
• The Health Sector
• Providing person centred care
• Health and well-being
• Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
• Infection prevention control
• Managing personal information
During the second year of the programme, you will complete an occupational specialism in Supporting the adult nursing team. This component will enhance your knowledge on how to assist the adult nursing team with clinical tasks and how to support individuals to meet activities of daily living.
Many of our students go onto study within higher education with this qualification leading to careers in employments such as adult nursing, ambulance support worker, healthcare support worker in a health setting or senior healthcare support workers in a health setting.
Five 5s at GCSE, including at least 5s in English Language, Maths and Science.
The T-Level will take up your full study programme; no further courses will be studied alongside.