Creative Music Industry (Performance Pathway) Apply Now >
What is RSL Level 3 Extended Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Performance Pathway)?
The Extended Certificate in the Creative Music Industry is a well-rounded programme of study. It prepares you for many aspects of work within the music industry. It is the equivalent of 1 A-Level and you will focus on Performance, Composition, Musicianship and Professional Practice.
What Will You Study?
- Performing & Rehearsing Music – A solo recital and ensemble performances in a range of different Rock & Pop styles. Understanding the development of a successful performance and working as both a soloist and within a group to become a well-rehearsed professional outfit worthy of professional engagements.
- Understanding Musical Styles & Songwriting – Listening to and analysing Popular Music styles and then composing original pop-influenced pieces in groups, as well as creating cover versions in new styles.
- Working in the Music Industry – Developing the skills and strategies for generating work and income within the UK music industry, including the development of self-promotional materials.
- Writing about Music – An insight into the world of Music Journalism through interviewing UK music industry professionals and attending and writing reviews of local gigs.
- Live Streaming & Marketing Music – An opportunity to develop the ability to create content and stream it live to an audience, selecting appropriate streaming platforms and promoting appropriately to a target audience.
- Music Wellbeing & Mental Health – Developing an understanding of how music can be used as a tool in the development of positive attitudes towards mental health & wellbeing.
Studying the Extended Certificate in the Creative Music Industry can lead you into an exciting and creative career in the music and media industries. The skills that you will develop are essential for working as a Performer, Composer or Producer, in a recording studio, in Radio and in theatres and live music venues. There is a wide range of vocational and Higher Education courses available in this subject area.
At least five 4s at GCSE and a minimum of Grades 3-5 in Music and a 4 in English Language or Maths.
Students who enrol on this course must be able to play at least one instrument to a competent level. For more detail please contact the Music Department.
Extended Certificate, this is equivalent to 1 A-Level.
What other subjects go well with this subject?
Music Technology (Production), Modern Foreign Languages, Business Studies, English, Musical Theatre, Performing Arts, Media Studies, Maths and Physics.
Have you considered a Mixed Programme? Find out more about the combination of courses you can study at Newman but clicking here.
CONNECT WITH US:
TELEPHONE: 01772 460181
Cardinal Newman College,
Lark Hill Road, Preston, Lancashire. PR1 4HD