Open Day - Saturday 13th October 10am - 1pm
Now is the time that Year 12 students need to start thinking about their options for when they leave Cardinal Newman. We have a range of careers support available.
– University degree, foundation degree, sponsored degree
– Job with training
– Gap Year
WHAT DO I NEED TO CONSIDER?
– What career path do I want to follow?
– Do I need a degree or can I undertake a work based route e.g. apprenticeship?
– What skills are employers/universities looking for?
– Work Experience – carry out relevant work experience to see if the career is right for you – “try before you buy!”
All these questions (and many more!) can be answered if you carry out thorough research!
The following resources will help with your research and planning:
– https://kudosvnext.cascaid.co.uk/LoginPage.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f (Licence code = rolewant26)
– www.prospects.ac.uk: Options after your degree
Look at individual university websites and prospectuses to research the course descriptions – and most importantly VISIT the university!