Students to return to the college campus - Y12 11th March / Y13 12th March
As a Catholic Sixth Form College we strive to be a centre of educational excellence for the community built on faith, respect and trust. Our mission and ethos shows that we celebrate diversity amongst all our students and staff and seek to nurture the gifts of each individual through high quality teaching and learning and dedicated pastoral care.
Cardinal Newman College is a community which aims to live out the gospel values of service and love.
This means that:
· The individual student is central to all our endeavours
· The College values each individual as a unique person and regards each person, made in the image and likeness of God, as worthy of the utmost respect
· The College strives to develop each person intellectually, socially and spiritually through an inclusive programme of study and enrichment
· The College values the spiritual journey of each individual and will offer opportunities for each to engage appropriately in their spiritual search
· The College is committed to creating a culture that is open and welcoming, free from fear and from violence of any kind, in which all individuals feel safe, happy and secure
· The College provides learning environments that are stimulating, enjoyable and challenging to students, fostering their creativity, imagination and search for truth
The College encourages individuals to contribute positively to the world in which they live, to challenge injustice and to seek out more co-operative, just and peaceful forms of human existence.