Don’t forget to accept your offer of a conditional place – click here to do it now!
– A first or second class honours degree (or equivalent) from a UK university. If the applicant is in his/her final year, a successful outcome should be predicted by the academic referee
– Minimum of C grade GCSEs in English Language, Mathematics or standard equivalent
– Preferably at least a grade B at A Level in a relevant subject or standard equivalent
– A demonstrable interest in teaching within the curriculum area. You could show this in a number of ways – time spent in schools observing lessons (ideally at least 5-10 days in a High School or College), knowledge of the chosen curriculum area, relevant practical experience
– The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils
– Evidence of the ability to listen and communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences
– The ability to remain calm and reflective when working in a challenging environment
– You are required to undertake Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy prior to entry to this programme. Successful completion of the Professional Skills Tests will form part of the conditions of any offer of a place. Further details can be found at www.edgehill.ac.uk/skillstests
– If you accept a formal offer of a place you will be required to meet the Department for Education’s standards for physical and mental fitness to teach and clearance to work with children. Further information, including a Declaration of Health questionnaire and details of how to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, previously CRB) Enhanced Disclosure will be sent to you after you have firmly accepted an offer.