Don’t forget to accept your offer of a conditional place – click here to do it now!
Getting to Cardinal Newman College couldn’t be easier, as the College is situated within five minutes’ walk from Preston bus station and the city centre, and is also within fifteen minutes’ walk from the railway station. There are a variety of cycle routes into the city and there is provision to store your bicycle within the College grounds.
The College has service level agreements for the provision of transport for our students with all the major transport providers in the Lancashire area: Stagecoach, Preston Bus and Transdev. This allows us to sell travel passes to our students at a greatly reduced cost and gives students the flexibility of travel on commercial network services. Passes are valid for the entire academic year and can be used at all times, including College holidays, evenings and weekends.
The College also has a parking scheme, which offers parking spaces for both staff and students to park their cars safely when they are at College. Students can join the scheme by registering their name and vehicle details with the Estates Office.
Further information about Student Services, application forms and for Bursary Funding and Travel Pass applications will be available on the ‘Newman Portal’ once your application has been accepted by the College.
Plan your journey to College
If you are not familiar with the bus services operating your area, the following websites give useful journey and travel information and alternative travel options:
Look at the details of each transport scheme
– Decide which scheme is right for you
– Register with the College using the Transport Application Form
– Complete only the shaded areas of the form
– You can register for transport at this time and make payment later if you wish unless you want to take advantage of the monthly payment option
– The monthly standing order payment is for the full annual cost of the pass and not for a term pass
Choose your payment option
– Payment can be made with your registration; or
– By cheque for the first term or the full year – payable to Cardinal Newman College; or
– In ten monthly payments by completing the standing order mandate (Monthly Payments)
If none of the transport providers are operating in your area
Contact Student Services or the College on:
Tel: 01772 460181 or email: email@example.com
You will be advised of the best way to get to College and the cost of the journey.
Help with transport costs
It may be possible to offset the cost of your travel by making an application for a College Bursary Award. For further information contact Student Services on 01772 460181 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org